Thursday, June 23, 2011

The Start of Something Good...Things You Might Not Know About Women

Frank and I are lucky to live in the same neighborhood as some of our closest friends. In fact, one of our very favorite couples in the whole wide world lives right next door- Big J and Consuela. Earlier this week, Big J and I were hanging out in the cul de sac, trying not to evaporate in the sweltering Oklahoma heat, while watching our kiddos ride bikes. We were discussing marriage- specifically, the differences between men and women and how we communicate. “I'm a guy- I just want the news” he said “so I know how to fix it. But women...” he continued “you guys are COMPLICATED!” At that moment, his super cute 4 year old daughter walked out of the house carrying a few new dresses. She and I looked at each dress discussing the colors, deciding which one was our favorite and picking the one she would to wear the next day. When we were done, J said “See?! Ya know what a guy would say if his daughter showed him some new dresses?? He would say 'how did you pay for that?' because we want to know the news. But that would sooooo be the wrong thing to say!”

He was right about that. The thought of Frank looking over my purchases and then responding with only 'how did you pay for that?' is enough to send me in a tailspin. But I don't think he knows that and it's just by the grace of God that he hasn't actually said it to me...yet. And since almost all of the men I know seem to be searching for some simple instructions on how to understand women, I decided to share my knowledge with you lucky bastards.

I'm going to write it in small bits because I don't think anyone will read it if it's super long. Plus, I have ADD. I'll have the first installment of 'Things You Might Not Know About Women' posted this weekend. Good luck and happy reading!