Monday, July 4, 2011

To The Bitch At Wal-Mart Who Made Me Cry

First you should know that I am one of the nicest people in the world.  I'm not exaggerating or bragging- it's true.  I'm genuinely kind, I love everyone, I would never intentionally hurt another living thing, be it animal or human.  Now that you know that about me, let me also tell you that I never cry. Know why? Because I'm forgiving and tolerant, as well. That's why your angry tirade directed at me for accidentally placing my water bottle a little too close to your groceries in the checkout line at Wal-Mart was so shocking. 

I have never seen a walking, talking jackass before, so I do thank you for that experience.  I'm sure the checker who also experienced your wrath sends a big 'thank you' to you as well.

Another thing you should know is that the minute you left, I realized that I hadn't activated my debit card.  Four people behind me in a very overcrowded grocery store waited patiently while I attempted to hit the correct numbers on my iPhone, not once, but three times.  You see, I was very flustered and fighting back tears- it made it quite hard to see the right numbers.  While I was trying to activate my card, a funny thing happened- the checker made jokes about what an asshole you were, the lady behind me jokingly asked if she could put her water with my groceries, because we're all obviously trying to trick someone into paying for our water what with it being $1.04 and all.  The other lady behind that woman said "Her husband was totally looking at your boobs. Maybe he should stop gawking at tits and keep his woman in check instead."  By the time I left,  I wanted to hug each one of them.  I'll pray for them for the rest of my life for showing me kindness when I was about to have a waterworks breakdown.

The last thing I want you to know, dear lady, is this:  Nice people ALWAYS win!  You know why?  Because we actually CARE-- about people, animals, and whatever else trips our trigger.  We do NOT give a flying fuck about someone putting their water in the wrong place in a checkout line. Ya know why?  Because shit like that doesn't matter to us.  We value love, acceptance, tolerance, peace, kindness, honesty and generosity. We genuinely like helping others- comforting and bringing them joy.  And never, ever forget how lucky you are to live in a world with people like us.