Monday, October 17, 2011

The List (Official)

Ok...all the debating is over.  I've decided on my final list and now I'm going to share it with you.  This is NOT a list of my favorite musicians- we all know what this list is about.  There is a content warning on my blog, for Pete's sake!  AND before anybody yips about how rude this is to do to Frank, let me just tell you he has his OWN list- and it begins and ends with Carrie Underwood.  He did not give his list much thought.  I however, did.

1.  Matt Montgomery- because I'm his favorite rock star mom. Ya heard me FAVORITE.  It's that easy folks.  Actually, it reminds me of this time when I watched a documentary on HBO about how mean pig farmers were to their livestock.  It disgusted me so badly that I swore off of pig for about two days.  Then I caved because pigs are delicious.  So now you know- Piggy D is delicious and I can't ever veer far away for long.  That's all I have to say about that.  Except that I've been a fan of his for years so he had to be number one.  Plus he has awesome guy hair and I KNOW he smells like cotton candy and sunshine.  Plus we had a moment (I KNOW, ok, but I'm going to have Wenifer write a note because she witnessed the whole thing.  And NO it doesn't matter if he knows me from a rat's ass- this is ALL about me.  You should be used to this by now.)

2.  Dj Ashba- Oh, the debate between numbers one and two- I wish there could be a tie.  But I think second place on my list is a pretty good place to end up.  He is so gorgeous it's impossible to look at him for a long time without becoming cross eyed.  Plus, he signed an entire poster to me, too.  (See??  Easy cheesy!)  He's...so gorgeous that I can't think of words to describe it.  Me, chatty chatterton at a loss for words.  Imagine!  But seriously, he has the looks thing plus he seems like he's really funny and down to earth.  I'm sure he smells delicious, too.

3.  Joey Jordison- totally love this guy but never noticed him til he started playing guitar (Note:  most of my favorite musicians are drummers...this is a different list)  He's sinister (love), wears a mask (scares me so love that, too) and he plays drums like a demon on speed.  Maybe he is, I don't care, the point is, he's gorgeous, too.  Plus, without the make up, he looks like a regular guy...like, from Iowa or somewhere.  Plus his charisma gets me.  He seems like he's a cocky little mess and I love him for that!

4.  Dave Grohl- Please don't yell at me, but I hated Nirvana.  I wasn't a huge fan of Dave's until this past year when I saw the Foo Fighters live. Now, I'm a goner.  I would climb him like a tree.  If he's tall.  Otherwise, I'd climb him like a shrub, which still sounds fun.  When I saw the documentary of the making of their last record, there's a scene where his daughter comes in to tell him it's time to go swimming while he was in the middle of recording.  I expected him to act like an asshole.  All he did was laugh.  And then take his daughter swimming.  Swoon.  Plus, live and in person, he is dreamy times a thousand.

5.  Wednesday 13-  If you mix Peter Criss and Eddie Munster in a blender, it would be Wednesday 13.  Except, Wednesday sings and as far as I know, he doesn't play the drums, but if he does that just proves my point- I prefer a little 'creepy' (rock star creepy, not dude at Quick Trip creepy) and he's exactly the right amount.  Plus, he's the ONLY guy I know of who looks good without eyebrows.  Also seems really funny (from the 'Mad Manager' videos. From a lot of videos.  He's campy and I'm all over it)