Friday, November 11, 2011

This is the end of the week of bad moods...please...

It's not just me, folks- every child I know, every adult I know, probably even my dog although she's heavily medicated with happy pills, has been out of sorts-  it's been a shitty week.  I'm declaring it over and done today because I'm ruining my botox.  Yes, if you're really pissed, you can frown through minor facial paralysis.

Yesterday, as I attempted to empty my little's potty chair, I tripped and...well, you know what happened.  That makes me sound really clumsy, but in reality I can't see my feet and two of the littles were hanging on my ankles. (please go ahead and have your moment laughing at me- if you're reading this, I already know your maturity level. And it's low.  Very, very low.  I can't see my feet when I'm standing straight up AND I had pee all over the bathroom. Get it all out of your system.)

In addition,  this week I have almost set myself on fire...twice.

I also bought a sparkly bear hat that turned out to be a sparkly beaver hat.  Now, I'm the lady who wears the sparkly beaver hat.  That's just fucked up.

But today something TOTALLY FANFREAKINTASTIC happened.  If you know me in real life, you know that my FAVORITE store in the whole wide world is Ida Red- it's the former home of a picture frame I almost stole once. (That's a true story- it's made from the old wood floor of Cain's Ballroom.  I asked the guy at the register if he would chase me if I put the picture frame on my head and ran out of the store.  He said I was a terrible thief and that he WOULD chase me and could actually catch me because I looked like a very slow runner and also he used to be some kind of track running dude.  I think he's secretly Ida Red's security ninja, but he has awesome guy hair and he's super sweet so he's forgiven)   I own almost every shirt, one fabulous red necklace that looks like a rosary, all the green apple Zotz and one very kick ass picture frame from Ida Red.  It's my happy place and Stace and I try to go each and every Friday.

The manager there is an absolute doll- I LOVE her to pieces!!  (She has awesome hair, too...I'm starting to wonder if it's a job requirement or something) One time, I confessed my love of all things Ida Red and wrote a note on their Facebook wall- I told Awesome Haired Manager that I thought she and her store were wonderful.  She told me that little gesture made her day- making her day made my day- it's funny how that works.

So today Stace and I made our usual journey to Ida Red- (it was a race to see who could get to the green apple Zotz first...I won.  I show no mercy when it comes to my Zotz) I was happy to see Awesome Haired Manager and Security Ninja Dude.  I was in the process of asking if they could point me in the direction of an Ida Red shirt when Awesome Haired Manager said she had a gift for me.  That alone made my day, but what's even better is that my gift was a fantastically comfortable and gorgeous 'I Heart Ida Red' shirt!  I jumped up and down and may have screamed out of sheer joy.  I'm sorry if I hurt anyone with the jumping or screaming. I couldn't help myself- it's the best t shirt EVER!!!!

I love sharing the places I love with other people- if you're ever in Tulsa or if you live in Tulsa but have never been or if you have been but have not been recently OR even if you're an Ida Red junkie like I am- go check them out!  They're at 3336 S. Peoria Avenue- which is in the Brookside area of town- there are also some great places to eat around there- I suggest you make an afternoon of it!  Tell them the crazy lady who buys all the green apple Zotz sent you!