Saturday, January 14, 2012

WEDNESDAY 13

Ok- as most of you know, this past Thursday was the Wednesday 13 show.  It was at this really cool, small venue I've never been to called 'The Marquee'. The show was not overcrowded so we had the benefit of being all up in the action.  Wednesday 13 is a helluva showman- I love his band, too.  After the show, we actually had a chance to meet the band and get pictures- which was a HUGE treat for me.  Wednesday was super cool, as were the rest of his band, and they all patiently signed stuff and took pictures with everyone.  They were even patient enough to put up with our "Wait a minute - this picture sucks- we gotta take another one so we can Facebook this shit!"  Monica, Sarah and Stacy were awesome sports (Stacy jumped headfirst into the pictures with no fear- the picture of her and Roman is my favorite- he seems like such a sweetheart) Anyway, the last song they sang was one of my favorites- 'Bad Things.' I could die and go to evil girl heaven and be just fine now. My only regret is not making it in time to see Aiden and ESPECIALLY Modern Day Escape- LOVE them.

After the show we went to The Majestic because nothing follows a metal show better than drag queens.  It was (in my own often repeated words that evening) "BEST GIRLS NIGHT EVER!!"  I'd like to give a big THANK YOU to Monica and tell you all that when I had exceeded my limit of Red Bull and vodkas and lost the power of speech, she did the right and responsible thing of having me cut off...from Red Bull.  I know I've said it before, but my friends are WAY cooler than yours.  I'd also like to thank Sarah for being our designated driver and for getting us home safely and for thinking drunk people are funny instead of annoying.  I'd like to thank Stacy for her fearlessness with both drag queens and metal dudes.  I'd like to thank all three of them for putting up with all of my drunken "I FUCKING LOVE YOU GUYS!" outbursts, as well. 

Oh!  Almost forgot- I'd also like to thank 'the boots of plenty' for never running out of gum or lip gloss.

It was a night to be remembered...but only by Sarah, I think.