Thursday, June 21, 2012

Teabagging

So I know I said I'd write about rock stars, and eventually I'll get back there, but I just had to share one more teeny thing with you- the babiest Baby C started a mother's day out program today.  Two days a week, from 9:30-2:30, from now until August 2, he will be in the loving hands of a Christian preschool.  Stop laughing and no I didn't tell them his nickname is Demon.  It's bound to come up in conversation sooner or later, I'm certain.

When I enrolled him, Frank and I made a bet about how long it would take for me to receive a 'chocolate ding dong' related phone call. (I give it a week.)  We were sort of joking, but sort of not because...well, you know why.  All week I've been preparing my babiest "Corbin!  We must not say 'chocolate ding dong' at school.  You can't discuss your balls or butt.  No singing Rack City. Keep your fingers out of your nose.  And for God's sake, no Power Rangering- there are no Nighlok's at school!" 

But naturally, I forgot something.  And he reminded me this morning as I was unbuckling him from his car seat.  He leaned in and whispered softly in my ear "Teabagging."  I know I looked appropriately embarrassed because he smiled and repeated it louder and louder as we walked across the parking lot.  "Teabagging!  TEABAGGING!"  We walked him into school and up the stairs to his classroom while I held my breath.  Of course, now that I had a minute to think about it, all the things I forgot to tell him not to say were heavily on my mind.  I left him in his classroom and told his teachers "I'm sorry for anything he says.  In advance."  Then as I remembered the things my littles told me about their parents when I was teaching preschool "And don't believe anything he tells you about me.  We think he may be a pathological liar."

I left the building, frustrated with myself for forgetting to tell him not to say teabagging.  As I walked across the parking lot, I hit myself on the forehead with the palm of my hand repeatedly, mumbling "Teabagging.  Teabagging.  Teabagging.  I fucking forgot teabagging."  I believe we're going to be the most popular family on campus.