Thursday, July 19, 2012

The Spitting at Sea World Incident (and what I think of waterparks, fast food play areas and truck stop bathrooms)

They're all disgusting.  So very disgusting...

Let's start with truck stop bathrooms or just public restrooms in general.  No.  Just no.  The best part of my recent public restrooming experience is that Demon is in the process of potty training.  This means I'm familiar with every public restroom from here to...Port Aransas, Texas.   I hate using public restrooms so much that when we finally got to Corpus Christi, I had to pee so badly that I thought I was gonna puke.  I'm guessing that the only thing worse than peeing in a public restroom is puking in one.  And I'm so not a germaphobe- I'd like to borrow somebody else's obsessive compulsive disorder for a minute so I can finally get all the rooms in my house clean at the same time.  

Play areas at fast food restaurants?  After my kids go into one, I'm completely unwilling to touch them until they've been dipped in hand sanitizer.   (It's not like that matters- I love them a little more when they're clean anyway.  And little boys almost always need a bath.) I'm serious about this one- when we stopped somewhere around Austin to eat breakfast, my kids enthusiastically played in the Chick-Fil-A play area.  A few minutes later while we were shopping in Target, the oldest Baby C needed a hug. I hugged him with a stick.  From about 15 feet away.

Waterparks?  Public swimming pools in general?  Like swimming in a toilet.  While we were at Aquatica in San Antonio, I saw a group of adults sitting in the kiddie pool with nary a kid in sight.  You totally know they were peeing, right?  I wanted to tell them they were oh so very busted, but Frank made me leave instead.  I think it was the spitting incident that did him in

Leslie, her eldest little and my three littles (including Frank in there, naturally) waited in line for about 45 minutes so we could ride...I forget, but it was the ride where you go under the sting rays??  Not that I would have known- I was too busy impersonating a cat and trying to keep my face out of the pee water.  Anyway, about half way through our wait, Demon started giving the stink eye to...everyone.  Including the sweet mom behind us and her 3 year old daughter.  Apparently they didn't know the rule about 'no eye contact with Demon until he gives you the go ahead' and he responded to their "oh my, you are just the cutest little guy..." by spitting at them.  Repeatedly.  Frank and I were mortified, of course, but when you're at a waterpark, you're gonna get wet...from pee water or Demon spit.